AAUW St. George Branch advances equity for women and girls in Southern Utah through advocacy, and education.
AAUW Scholarship Applications Open
Previous scholarship recipients may re-apply and receive a maximum of three awards or more depending on graduate degree status. Along with the application, the following documents are required at submission:
- Your official transcript of grades from your current institution.
- Incoming freshmen students only: High School transcript or GED.
- One current, signed letter of reference from a teacher, professor or employer.
Applicants must complete the application form and submit with all supporting documents by the deadline. No applications will be accepted after the deadline date. Selected candidates will be scheduled for an interview with the scholarship committee to be held the week of March 19 – 24. Applicants will be notified of status by mid-April.
The American Association of University Women St. George Branch advances equity for women and girls in Southern Utah through advocacy and education. We award scholarships averaging $1,000 each to eligible Southern Utah area women each year.
Our Scholarship Committee establishes the criteria for scholarships. It determines the awardees based on women who demonstrate a financial need and have the potential for educational success by completing their degrees. Funding sources include the annual gala event, other Branch-sponsored fundraisers, and private donations.
Scholarship applications open January 2, 2024. Due date: March 1, 2024.
- The Scholarship Program began in 1986 and was the first program of AAUW St. George Branch.
- Founded with the educational goal to support non-traditional and traditional women reach their career potential and financial security.
- The number of scholarships awarded has grown each year from 1 recipient in 1986 to 44 in 2020.
- In 2014 a partnership was formed with the Women’s Resource Center at Utah Tech University (formerly Dixie State University) to foster mentorships between students and community business women.
- In 2015, an independent mentorship component was added with AAUW members acting as mentors to recipients, if they requested it.
Scholarships are available to females in the greater St. George area who demonstrate a financial need and ability to finish their degree.
- Women who are attending, or plan to attend, Utah Tech University, Dixie Tech or Mohave Community College to continue their educational goals.
- Dixie Technology College female students are considered if they intend to continue their education after their certification program.
- Support for Graduate Degree programs.
- Financial need is based on FAFSA approval.
- Demonstrate an ability to finish a four-year degree.
- For college students, a 2.5 GPA is required.
- Part-time (6 hours) and full-time students are eligible.